Aug 18, 2013

"Some Day Over the Rainbow", waking up in a rainstorm, caribao and more....


Family!!!!!!

My dearest family! This week has been fantastic and full of fun, happy, sad, crazy experiences. Such is missionary life. So I want to share some of them.
Brother J (the one who got baptized on Aug 3) has been called as the Young Men president, which is insane, but if anyone can do it he can. And he and his mom are fellowshipping with us tonight! I'm super excited because I know they're gonna be awesome.

People have started getting creative in their rejecting us. The other night we asked a woman if we could share with her and she told us "Someday over the rainbow" and started singing the song. So we went back another day and asked her if it was someday yet. It wasn't. Haha I'm pretty sure someday is not any time soon.

I woke up in the middle of a rainstorm. Literally. So we have this window in our bedroom that's slightly open and crazy rain started pouring and wind was blowing and it came in through our window. So it literally started raining on us in our beds. I woke up so confused. It was one of the strangest experiences of my life. 

I still don't have an umbrella (I bought one but it broke, so I've kind of given up and just tell the rain to bring it on) haha but people always feel bad for me. We were walking along and this man ran up to us and gave us an umbrella. He said he had heard us singing the other night. (We do that sometimes). It was so sweet. It was one of those moments where I had to try really hard not to cry.

We had a nice visit with the man I told to stop drinking and come join our lesson. He's been reading the Book of Mormon.

So remember how I said I was still working on convincing myself that I'm not afraid of all the caribao? Well...I don't think it's gonna happen. I'm still kind of super scared of them. Especially after yesterday. So Sister Webb and I were walking through the bukid when we came upon a particularly frightening caribao. It was parked in the middle of the path and was not about to move. So Sister Webb had a stare down with it for about 10 minutes while I walked back and forth trying to get up the courage to walk past it. Seriously, it just stared at her. And it seemed mad, like I'm pretty sure it wanted to charge us. In hindsight, it probably didn't help that we were just standing there staring at it. Or that I was wearing a bright pink shirt. That probably provoked it. So after about 20 minutes of me almost walking past it and then running away again saying "No, no, no. I can't. I can't." (I was clinging to Sister Webb for dear life this entire time) some kind Filipino men came to help us. We're pretty sure they had been watching us spazz out and face-off with the demon caribao for quite a while but this man just came, grabbed a tree branch, and waved it at it and the caribao ran away. We felt so dumb.It was the scariest experience of my life, but also the most hilarious
picture thanks to google images

Haha that's hilarious that it's hard to get to feed the missionaries. I'll just say...we don't have that problem.

I haven't gotten any mail yet, we usually get mail on Thursdays and sometimes on Fridays. I am anxiously awaiting Clinton's letters and the camera! 

It makes sense that Sister Webb and I have the same title for our blogs because we have come to find that we are completely the same person. Completely.

Thank you so much for your email. I can promise you that it's not me being tough. Ashley probably couldn't do this, but God has given me so much strength. I love you all and miss you so much. Please tell the kids that I love them and I miss them SO MUCH. 

Mahal ko kayo!
Sister Morris
              

No comments:

Post a Comment