Aug 11, 2013

I know why I'm here...




Kumusta pamilya ko!

Favorite Filipino quote of the week: Brother J talking about how he never really went to night clubs in Manila: "That's not my cup of tea. Except I don't drink tea anymore." Haha he's the best. 

Taken at Brother J's baptism
Also, I haven't tried the card reader yet because Sister Webb said it erased all of her pictures when she tried to use one, so I'm a little scared. Thank you so much for sending the camera! I promise I will figure out how to send pictures as soon as i get it and take some!

haha oh yes... food. There's actually a lot of really delicious food. I just don't ask what it is because I know I don't want to know. But it usually tastes good! I've found the key to loving the food is loving the people. If you love the people, you'll love what they sacrifice to give you even if it's weird or doesn't taste good. Understanding that everything people feed me is a sacrifice for them has made me appreciate what I eat so much more

Sorry if this email is a little late, we weren't allowed to leave our apartment for a while today because there was a signal #3 typhoon warning. Exciting stuff. We are fine! It didn't really affect our area, at least it hasn't yet. :) We have water stored and rice cooked though just in case!

So missionary work is really, really hard. But it's also the most rewarding work. Sister Webb and I talk all the time about how much trust the Lord has placed in us. Here we are two American sisters, neither of us are fluent in Tagalog (Sis. Webb has only been out 4 months!) and we're opening this area. It's hard. But we take great comfort in the fact that God has faith in us. Moroni 7:33, right? :) 

We met this adorable little girl, A, and her mom this week. They have committed to be baptized on September 14. I was teaching them the Restoration and when I looked up they had tears in their eyes. It was so powerful. These people know these truths already, we're really just reminding them. Those are the kind of lessons that really make me realize why I'm here. 

Well I gotta go, but I love you all so much!

Mahal kita!
Sister Morris

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet letter. Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ashley such great success in such a little bit of time. Your spirit rubs off on everyone :) always has. I miss U .

    ReplyDelete