So this week has been completely insane. I got sick (probably something to do with trudging around in flood water without an umbrella.) But I've been taking better care of myself now I promise. Luckily I have a wonderful mother and grandmother who gave me gallons of essential oils and medicine. :)
The weather has been pretty insane. We weren't allowed to work on Tuesday because the Area Presidency put all the missionaries in the Philippines on lockdown. We weren't allowed to leave our apartment. Two missionaries in Manila got struck by lightning, it's flooding big time there. Our area hasn't really been affected though. It's not really prone to flooding here.
And then on Wednesday the office elders showed up at our door and told us we were moving. President Barrientos is unpredictable like that. They were building a bar outside our apartment and it just wasn't really safe anymore. They take such good care of us. So we moved to a brand new apartment! It is absolutely amazing. It's so, so nice. I'm glad it wasn't my first apartment so I didn't come to expect living conditions like this. I never want to move ever. (Unfortunately there's no way I'll be staying here for very long. Such is missionary life.) President and Sister Barrientos really do take such good care of us. I almost cried of happiness many times on Wednesday. It felt like Christmas. Whenever they found out we didn't have something (stove, mop, fans, etc.) it would magically appear in our apartment a few hours later. It felt like President was Santa Claus. All of those things I've had to figure out how to do without we now have. I don't really know what to do with myself! Though I realized that this apartment is nothing compared to our house in AZ. It made me realize how quickly I adapted to our last apartment. It truly was a blessing from the Lord to help me focus on the work. Oh, and we have a shower!!!!! Yep, no more bucket. Except we don't have water in the morning. But we work with it. Oh, and we live around a bunch of other missionaries so that's been super awesome. I'm very excited. They're starting to put 6 missionaries in every ward! That's just another sign of how fast the work is progressing here. Next transfer we will have 4 sisters and 2 elders in our ward.
Tell Jamie not to worry, we sing tons every day! We sang at a funeral on Thursday. That was a cool experience. Except that Bishop recorded it and now plays it in PEC all the time. Haha we have the most hilarious Bishop. He tries to speak English and it's really cute. I don't think he realizes I actually understand him better when he speaks Tagalog. But he gets an A+ for effort that's for sure.
Brother J is doing an awesome job as the YM president. I think he feels a bit overwhelmed, which is completely understandable. Poor guy just got baptized! But he's doing an amazing job. We had 3 potential investigator young men at church on Sunday and words cannot express how awesome it was watching him fellowship them. The whole YM presidency is made up of recent converts (the secretary just got baptized this last Saturday) and it's so special to watch them take care of each other.
Aren't the scriptures amazing?? Thank you for thinking about me. I have no doubt that most of the strength I've been given is directly related to how amazing you are. So thank you.
Well I love you all so, so much. Keep being amazing.
Sister Morris
No comments:
Post a Comment