Aug 4, 2013

First baptism!

Pamilya ko!

This has been quite the week. I know I say that every week but it truly has been a totes cray week. We had the baptism of Brother J on Saturday. That was so, so, so, so happy. Sister Webb and I sang an impromptu musical number, so that was fun. And then we found out Bishop recorded it. Haha so that's even more fun. JM bore his testimony at the baptism. It was absolutely amazing of course. His testimony is so strong. He told more of his story as well. I'm so grateful I was able to be here at this time so I could be a part of this. Right after the baptism he told us he hopes he can go teach people with us soon. I'm excited because he's going to be the best fellowshipper ever. I can already tell. And then on Sunday he received the gift of the Holy Ghost in Sacrament meeting. I think that was even more amazing. You could really see a noticeable, visible change in him. I mean he was pretty awesome before but he was just glowing on Sunday. It made me think of the other investigators we're teaching and how badly I want them to receive that same change and happiness as well. It really put this work into perspective for me. 

My camera is officially broken. And I have no idea how to find a satisfactory one. So there's that. I'm just gonna be straight with you. Haha Sister Webb got lots of pictures though so I'll try to send some of those. :)

Favorite Filipino quote this week: "Where's Ken??" (referring to the fact they think I'm Barbie)

That's so crazy about all of these people getting married! And the temple video! I'm excited to see it when I get back. :) I'm not gonna lie, I really miss the temple. 

Neither of us are getting transferred! Thank dear goodness. I cannot part with her yet. I still need some serious help!

Haha you can tell Loren if I had known I'd be called to the Philippines I would have personally gone and begged the Prophet to send me on a mission. :) But seriously. This is the most amazing place and the most wonderful people in the world. It makes everything else not so much of a sacrifice when you focus on how much you love the people and desire their happiness.

These people are so amazing. Mahal ko ng mga tao dito. They are SO humble and SO generous. They literally have nothing yet they try to give us everything. I've had to hold back tears several times as people who clearly have nothing try to give me what little they have. I know without a doubt they will be blessed. 

Well I hope all is well at home! Love y'alls! Thanks for the pictures!

Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment