Jun 15, 2013

4th Letter from the MTC


Magandang maganda umaga pamilya ko!!!
 
So first an update on my neck. I'm all better! I went to the physical therapist on Monday and he was pretty blown away. He said missionaries always seem to heal way faster than most people. I believe it. He told me I would be in pain all weekend but i felt no pain. I was a little stiff but no pain. I have no doubt I just experienced a miracle. The therapist was pretty shocked. I love being a missionary.
 
My kasamas and I went to pilates this morning. At first I wanted to slay them for making me wake up at 6 to exercise but it was actually pretty fun. Sleeping is more fun though.
 
Mumzy! Thank you so so so much for the package!!! It's funny because I was seriously just thinking about how I wished I had that skirt the morning before I got the package! You are a genius and a miracle worker all in one! I actually really like the ruffles! So thanks a gazillion! And thanks for the candy! I didn't choke! But my kasamas thought it was pretty funny that you felt the need to tell me to be careful! And thank you so much for the card reader! I will try super hard to send pictures when I'm done emailing but I'm not sure I'll have time. If I don't then I will make that first priority next week for sure! And thanks so much for the mp3 player! I can't listen to music here at the MTC but it'll be great out in the field! And thank you so much for the pictures! Between Coop's Superman picture and Chandler's Thor picture I officially have the coolest nephews in the world. When did Kami get baptized? Or is that today? I'm so sad I missed it but I'm so proud of her! My little girl is growing up! *tears*
 
So I had a fantastic Sunday! On Sundays we go to a broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word and then we go to Relief Society. Relief Society was so good this week. Sister Anne Clegg from the Relief Society board was the speaker. She said pretty much everything I needed to hear. She talked about knowing our purpose, being bold, and coming to expect miracles. We also sang the most fantastic song ever. It's called "The Sisters of Zion." It's to the tune of "As Sisters in Zion" but it's for sister missionaries. If you can look it up I highly recommend it. It makes me cry every time.
 
So big news! My district is part of the MTC choir which is going to be singing in the worldwide broadcast on the 23rd! So watch it! You might see me! The Quorum of the 12 and the First Presidency are all going to be there. No big deal. Joke-lang. It's a crazy big deal. I'm totes excited!
 
So we had a record 900 new missionaries come in last Wednesday! It's madness! But a good madness.
 
We did TRC for the first time on Saturday night! TRC is where you go teach strangers instead of your teachers. It's a little nerve-racking because they come as themselves, they're not pretending to be someone else. Both of our were RM's though so it was pretty low pressure. Apparently they do have nonmembers come sometimes so that's kind of terrifying. I guess I'll be teaching nonmembers in a couple weeks though so I should probably practice now! I've found the only way I truly learn is by throwing myself out there and having faith that the Lord won't let me fall. And He never has!
 
So I know you said you didn't want to write me every day but I just want you to feel free to write whenever you feel so inclined! Letters really aren't distracting and they just make me happy inside! So moral of the story is never stop yourself from writing me because you don't want to be a distraction!
 
Mom, that was an awesome story about the woman in your ward! Way to follow promptings! You've always been such a good example to me of how to fellowship and listen to promptings.
 
Thanks to everyone for all the love and support! Mahal kita!
Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment