Kumusta pamilya ko!
Ok so for mom's mental
well-being, I'm going to address the neck injury first. I'm fine! Or at
least I will be by the time I leave the MTC. The physical therapist
promised. Apparently I sprained a muscle in my neck, tore some muscle
tissue, and have locked joints down the left side of my neck and
shoulder. My head/neck lost about 80% motion capability on my left
side. But he said I'll get it back soon. I have to keep going to
physical therapy. But it's only a $10 co-pay every time for missionaries
so that's a blessing. My next appointment is on Monday. Mom, you should
have seen me trying to fill out all that paperwork by myself! My kasama
was cracking up. It's funny that you mention how it must have been bad
in order for me to go to the doctor. I didn't want to go but luckily my
kasamas convinced me to go when the pain hadn't gone away 5 hours later.
Haha I must be your daughter or something. PS it was good to hear your
voice over the phone yesterday! Even though I couldn't talk to you
myself! Wasn't that woman's accent fantastic though?? I think she was
from Australia. There are so many Australians here! Especially in my
zone. I guess a lot of them get called to the Philippines. I imagine the
phone call was probably a fairly traumatic experience! Sorry about
that! Just know that all is well!
This whole sneezing ordeal is just ridiculous! I had
already been declared the district fairy princess but now I totally
deserve it! I mean who sprains a muscle by sneezing?! Don't you worry
though, my kasamas are taking excellent care of me. I feel so ridiculous
because I have allergies or something right now so I also sound like
death. I'm quite a sight. I must admit if it wasn't so painful it'd be
hilarious.
Thank you so so so much for the sweater and t-shirts!
It was funny when I opened the package I freaked out about the sweater
and the first thing one of the elders said was "Good thing it's not
cold." Haha this is part of the reason I have been declared the district
fairy princess. But whatevs!
Can I just say how happy I am to be a missionary?! I
have felt the love God has for His missionaries through so many people
already and I've only been one for two and a half weeks! So the MTC is
pretty amazing. I've honestly never felt the Spirit as strongly as I do
here every single day. I'm learning so much about how the Spirit works
and how to follow promptings. Tagalog is coming along--slowly but
surely. I can make my own sentences now instead of just memorizing
segments of PMG for our lessons so that's fun. I did have my first
serious/funny language mess-up in a lesson this week. The investigator
asked us why our message was important enough for us to come all the way
from America to share it with him. I meant to tell him that we are all
God's children and He wants us all to return to Him. I actually just
basically ended up telling him that "we are all children." Haha it's
crazy how in Tagalog you can leave out 2 words and your sentence makes
no sense. Luckily my kasama caught it and she was like "Ng Diyos! Ng
Diyos! Mga anak ng Diyos!" (We are children of God!) It helps that my
district has the best teacher in the MTC (But seriously, everyone knows
who he is and agrees that he's the best). He's amazing. His name is
Brother Mansfield. My district is the greatest too. They're all so
hilarious and they make the days go by so much faster. To answer dad's
questions, we all leave at the same time (we should all be on the same
flight even) assuming everybody's visas come in on time. Visas to the
Philippines are pretty easy right now I hear, so everything should be
alright there. And to answer your other question, I'm pretty sure I'm
going to be learning a different language (Ilokano) when I get out in
the field. I guess people in the Laoag area understand basic Tagalog but
most of them speak Ilokano regularly. Yay for being trilingual when I
get home! Haha but that's just what I hear. It could be wrong.
I saw Kirsten yesterday!!! I was in the cafeteria and I
looked up and she was right there! I freaked out, we hugged, it was
grand. It was good to see her!
So I must apologize
once again for the lack of pictures. Apparently you have to have some
kind of card reader to put pictures on the computers here so we're all
still kinda trying to figure that out. Pasensiya!
Thank you so much for the pictures of the reunion! It
looks like it was a blast! I didn't think it was possible but I think
Gracie may have gotten even cuter! And holy snap Chandler is buff!
Clinton, thank you SO much for the pictures of Joe-Joe! They always make
me smile. :)
Mahal kita!
Sister Morris
No comments:
Post a Comment