Well, it has been another fantastic week here in the Philippines! After emails last week we traveled back to Gonzaga. The bus we thought we were going to catch was gone so we ended up having to take vans all the way home. They were 12 passenger vans with about 16 people in them. For 8 hours. Haha it was fun though. Around 6 pm there were no more vans going to Gonzaga so we had to spend the night in the Camalaniugan sisters' apartment. Guess who is in Camalaniugan right now! Sister Staker! So that was way cool to get to see her.
We had Zone Training Meeting this week as well. After giving the spiritual training at MLC the zone training felt way less scary! We focused our training on Chapter 10, developing teaching skills. I hope it helped the missionaries in our zone. I know it has really helped Sister Storey and I in our teaching. President Barrientos is really so inspired!
We have a baptism this Saturday! Brother R and Sister C: a young couple with 3 little kids (the one I sent a picture of before). They are basically the cutest things ever and I'm so happy they're getting baptized on Saturday. We had their interviews this last Saturday and after the interview Brother R climbed the coconut tree and got down a bunch of coconuts and then they hacked them open with a machete (why somebody had a machete laying around, I'm not really sure) and we drank straight from the coconuts. That was probably my favorite "only in the Philippines" moment this week. Haha they know how to celebrate.
Well that's about all for this week. Can I get an update on how every one's families are doing? I feel like I don't know what's happening in every one's lives!
Thank you for the insights on those talks. It's so true! Just imagine what the world would be like if we were all always trying to serve and be like Jesus Christ.
Love you all so very much!
Sister Morris
No comments:
Post a Comment