Jun 22, 2014

I love this work!

Mumzy!

MAKAILY WORTHINGTON IS GETTING MARRIED?! What is his name?? Where did she meet him?? That is crazy! Man everybody's growin' up!

That talk by Elder Uchtdorf is one of my favorites. Be grateful in your circumstances, whatever they may be! That has taken on a whole new meaning for me here in Gonzaga. These are some of the most amazing people on the planet. A lot of them have close to nothing yet their faith in Jesus Christ is incredibly strong. Even in the midst of their difficult circumstances, they know God has not forgotten them. They are close to Him and know He is always there. 

That's awesome about the emergency preparedness class! I hope your missionaries are ridiculously grateful for you. You are everything we want every member to be! Do you work with them ever? Are they still teaching your neighbors or Betty? 

Oh man, that question is hard to answer. (I asked her in what ways has she changed, permanent change.) I have changed in so many ways. I feel like I don't even realize all the ways I've changed. Remember that joke we had about me coming home a man? Haha definitely happening. I'm trying desperately to hold on to the whole quiet elegance thing but it's kinda hard when you're climbing in and out of jeepneys and walking through the bukid. Haha but I'm doing my best. :) I'm trying to think what specifically has changed. Spiders and dirty things don't phase me even a little bit. I eat whatever (except for dog). Speaking of which, I ate snails for the first time this week! They're kind of hard to eat! But they taste pretty good. As far as spiritually, I understand the gospel so much deeper. My outlook on life is much more positive and Christ is central to everything. There are lots more changes but I'm not sure what they are. I'll ponder and let you know. :)

GUESS WHAT! Dreams do come true! I worked in Santa Ana on exchanges this week! I worked with Sister Concepcion, Sister Hagee's companion. That place is the best! I'm pretty sure I was the first blonde, white person those people had ever seen. Someone told me they legitly thought I was just a really big Barbie at first because they didn't know real people. Haha it was way fun. I'll attach pictures.

I rode something called a Kurong-Kurong for the first time yesterday. It might be hard to find a picture of one but I trust Gary's googling skills. It's basically just like a wagon attached to a motorcycle (I was in the wagon part). So awesome. And it was free! People are the best. 

We have four progressing investigators right now. They will be baptized on July 12 and 20. Two of them are a husband and wife with 3 little kids. :) They told us this week they're excited to go to the temple a year after their baptism. I love being a missionary! 

Sister Pamittan is a beast. She's so talented and diligent. We taught the most lessons I've ever taught in a single week this week: 39 and we had 6 investigators at church! Gonzaga is being so blessed right now. I love this work. 

Well that's all for now! I love you all!
Sister Morris


 Monkeys in Santa Ana! One of their less active members just has monkeys in their front yard!

This woman in Santa Ana surprised us with Pancit and peanuts at the end of our lesson. She was super sweet. They're the ones with the monkeys!

Behold! Santa Ana. Ridiculous, right?

This is Gonzaga (on our walk home)

Gonzaga

Snails :)

No comments:

Post a Comment