Apr 28, 2014

This place is a whole new world

Mumzy! Oh my goodness I love you so much. I just have to say I LOVE YOU. I don't know why Heavenly Father blessed me with such an awesome mom but man am I glad that He did. You are such a great example of being anxiously engaged in good works! You do so much service! I hope I can be half as awesome as you someday. Hahaha oh Kami...I'm glad she's still hilarious. 

I'm glad both dad and LaDawn had good birthdays! I thought of them on their birthdays! Wish I was there but I'll be there next year. :) PS I'm way excited to talk to y'alls on Mother's Day! Still awaiting further instructions on when/where I'm supposed to call you from. I'll keep you updated. 

So...Gonzaga. Hahaha how do I describe Gonzaga? This place is a whole new world. I would say you should google it but I'm not sure you would find anything. It is quite literally in the middle of nowhere. Haha I'm kind of in culture shock all over again. But I absolutely love it here! We buy our groceries at this place called the palengke. People just bring their crops and what not and it's just a big buying and selling party. It's actually pretty clean! I enjoy it. Don't worry we go early in the morning so the meat hasn't been sitting out very long before we get it. My apartment is actually pretty nice. It's the biggest one I've been in so far. There used to be 6 sisters in it but 2 of them got pulled out and replaced with elders so there's a lot of extra space in the apartment. Our toilet doesn't work. That's all I'm gonna say about that. :) Haha but this place is so gorgeous!!! I didn't think this level of gorgeousness was possible! I'll try to send pictures but unfortunately we'll have to be patient with the internet connection. The people here are so amazing. I love them all so much already! It is ridiculously hot and humid. When I stepped off the bus in Gonzaga it felt like I was stepping off the plane all over again. Haha but I'm adjusting. 

 I'm the Jr. companion. My companion, Sister Obra, has been an STL for either 2 or 3 transfers, I'm not sure. She only has 2 transfers left on the mission! So basically as soon as I wake up in the morning I start absorbing all the knowledge I possibly can until I go to bed at night. Haha it's awesome. This is the first time I've gotten to be the Jr. companion since my first 12 weeks so I'm taking advantage of every minute of it to learn from a crazy talented, experienced missionary. I absolutely love her! She is so hilarious and pretty much everything she does and says all day makes me laugh. She is fluent in Ilokano which is good because the people here are VERY Ilokano. Like as in a lot of them don't understand Tagalog. It's only been a week but I've started understanding a lot more and I'm attempting to speak it. Haha let's just say there's lots of room for improvement! I heard people being called to Laoag mission are now called to speak the Ilokano language. Do you know if that's true? We do apartment checks for all the missionaries in our zone, elders and sisters. We go to Laoag every first Monday for MLC. It's 10 hours travel so we have to leave right after church and we get there late Sunday night and stay in the Laoag sisters' apartments. We get to have our P-day in Laoag, so that's nice. It also means that I will get mail/packages at least once a month! Hopefully the one you sent gets here by next Monday! If not, I'll get it next month. 

Thank you so much for all of the support! I'm excited for this new assignment and this new area! I have a feeling there are great things in store here in Gonzaga!

Well I'm going to go so I can have time to try to send pictures. Love you all so much!
Sister Morris

PS I met a nice man selling dog meat on the side of the road. Haha I can now testify that people do actually eat dog. 


Last meal with Sister Ramos

Saying goodbye to the Rosales family. So hard. Brother told me I will be the first to know as soon as he gets baptized. Made me cry. :)

My area is GORGEOUS.



Sister Obra says happy birthday. Haha her and the other sisters stole my camera while i was doing laundry.

National day of service

It was the National Day of Service on Saturday so we got to go clean up the beach with the members of Gonzaga Branch. I finally got to wear one of those cool "Mormon Helping Hands" vests!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment