Jan 5, 2014

Developing some life skills and more baptisms!

Pamilya ko!

It's been quite the week! Yes, I say that every week. And it's always true.

I ate Filipino food with my hands for the first time. They gave me rice and 2 whole fishes (whole as in the complete fish...eyeballs, fins, etc.) and told me they didn't own silverware so I had to use my hands. Haha they thought it was hilarious that I didn't know how to eat rice with my hands. Luckily I knew how to eat the fish already (you saw the picture that proves I'm a pro at the whole eating fish straight out of the ocean thing.) But I now know how to eat rice with my hands properly. Apparently there's a very specific and correct way to eat without cutlery. Haha oh the skills I'm developing.

We also had the baptism of Sister R this week! She's the best. I'm trying to upload pictures of it but they're not working yet. Her mom is a recent convert as well. Sister R is 20 years old. Her little sister A is our next baptism coming up. She is set to be baptized on January 25th. She's 10 years old and completely hilarious. She told us last night that as part of her preparation to be a missionary she taught her brother (our other investigator) how to pray.

One time I was just walking down the road and then this massive carribao came and started walking next to me. It's owner was riding it so I didn't freak out or anything. Just kept walking down the road next to the most massive creature I've ever seen.

Haha I just want pictures of people mostly. But also that one of the front of our house. Also, would you mind sending some foundation and possibly some Herbal Essences shampoo (the orange one)? I'm just about out. You are the best in the whole wide world!

I love being a missionary. It's amazing to watch the changes as people live and accept the gospel. We really do have a Heavenly Father and He has a plan for us. We all accepted this plan and agreed to come to this earth. Sometimes we get lost or distracted but He is always there and His plan never changes. 3 Nephi 9:14.

I love you all!
Sister Morris


Our New Year's dinner. The owner of our apartment who lives upstairs invited us over. And then another member also brought us a full on feast. I love this area.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your post. You are doing wonderful things. I laugh when I visualize you eating your fish with eyes and rice with your fingers.

    ReplyDelete