
Kumusta pamilya ko!
Hahaha I will definitely still be able to skype you
from the boonies. The connection may be a little more difficult but we
will skype! (PS that's like really soon, isn't it?) It shouldn't be too
difficult to take all my stuff to my new apartment because I came with a
basically empty duffel bag so I'll just fill it up with the stuff I've
gotten since I've been here (like the Christmas decorations). :)
Hahaha please don't let me continue the bucket showers. And DO NOT let me wear crocs. EVER.
Favorite
Filipino quote of the week- One woman to her kids as she walked inside
the house: "There's a Barbie doll outside!" Hahaha I'm starting to
wonder if these people actually know what Barbies look like because I
most definitely do not look like one.
Sister Staker fell in a manhole. That was an
adventure. They have quite a few open manholes on the sidewalks here so
that's been my worst nightmare since day one. I never thought it would
actually happen to anyone I know though! It was rather traumatic. Haha
she's fine though. Like a gajillion Filipinos came and cleaned her up
and disinfected her wounds and what not. It was grand.
We met an American for the first time while out
working. It was the strangest experience of my life trying to be a
missionary in English. It made me actually really think about what I was
saying. I had to translate everything in my head from Tagalog to
English. I found it was actually easier for me to talk to his Tagalog
speaking cousin. Haha I have issues.
Little Sister A was baptized yesterday!!! It was so,
so, so happy. She is basically my favorite. I seriously love her so
much. She bore her testimony and it was the cutest thing ever.
Love y'alls
Sister Morris
PS I
tried to be better about sneakily taking pictures for you this week.
(It's not bawal to take pictures, just to look like a tourist).
| Our neighbors invited us over for their little daugther's birthday party. This was their American dinner :) Yes, hot dogs are red here. No, I don't know why. |
| Sister Staker and I walking home one night. Cool fountain in the background. |
| Random sign that just got put up in our area. |
| This is a sign in Ilokano. This is the hardest language ever. Not really but sort of! |
| This sign is in our area. Everyone is jealous :0 |
| This church was built in 1612. It's currently sinking. It is called the sinking bell tower. |
| From left to right: Sister M (sister A's mom), little J (her brother), Sister A, me, Sister Staker, Brother N (he baptized her) and our ward mission leader Brother J. |
| We're adorable. Mostly she's adorable :) |
| She wanted a picture in front of the font. Sister Mommy dolly is also in this one. |
No comments:
Post a Comment