This week was good. We had the
baptism of Brother Nino. It was completely wonderful of course. I feel so
blessed to have met him. And Sister M was there with all of her kids and they
were all getting excited about their baptism. :) It was adorable.
So this email is going to be short
because I'm going to try to send a bunch of pictures.
I hope everyone is doing well! The reason I'm emailing
so early is because we're going on lockdown because of the local elections.
Don't worry, all is well! Just being safe. Miss you all!
 |
|
This jeepney
had my name on it so I had to take a picture :) |
 |
|
Nino's
baptism. Sorry this picture is terrible. It's all I got. |
 |
|
I went on
exchanges with a sister training leader this week and one of their less actives
was the first person ever baptized in the Philippines. This house was where
they held the first meetings of the church in the Philippines. If you look
behind us you'll see the pictures on the wall of the first missionaries.
|
 |
| At that
woman's house there was an ancient hymn book that still had Come Thou Fount in
it.
|
 |
|
This one is
for Ben and Clint. It was on the inside of my tricycle on the ride home one
night.
|
 |
|
Got to see
Sister Webb because all the foreign missionaries had to do some fingerprinting
thing. I was so, so happy!
|
 |
I finally took my camera with me to
the grocery store!
|
 |
Squid. (We're going to buy some this week. I'm stoked.)
|
 |
|
You know you are
in Asia when there a 5 gajillion kinds of rice to choose from. I couldn't even
fit them all in the picture.
|
 |
You also know you are in Asia when you
see this on the shelves.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment