 |
| Aren't we so cute?! |
 |
| Some of the sisters in our district! |
 |
| My wonderful kasamahan! |
 |
|
At the temple! Our elders enjoy photo-bombing.
|
 |
| Our elders are basically the Beatles. |
 |
This is an awesome picture of the book of mormon one of our
talented elders drew.
The top says will you read the book of mormon? |
 |
| This is a bunch of girls from our zone! |
 |
| This is me and my kasamas pointing to the Philippines! |
 |
| This is a picture of my zone pointing to the Philippines! |
 |
| This is my district during TALL! |
 |
Brother Mansfield's mom sent us Heavenly cookies!!! Seriously they were
amazing.
Brother Mansfield is our teacher. He is absolutely amazing. I'm
going to miss him! |
 |
| All of the sisters in our district with a Filipino flag! |
 |
All of my roommates with the same Filipino flag. They are also going
to
the Philippines but they don't leave for a few more weeks. |
 |
| Sister Richards sitting in the bin for "Unwanted Items" during a 2 minute break time from class. |
 |
| My kasamas during study time! I took a 2 second break to capture the moment. |
 |
| During language study. It's pretty self-explanatory. |
 |
| Our amazing district at the temple! |
 |
This is the door to our residence! Apparently that sign has
been there for quite a while. They keep sending Filipinas to that room I
guess! (Pinaka Pagmisyon means the best mission) :)
|
Kumusta pamilya ko!
This week has been super
crazy and exciting! We got to do TRC skype for the first time this
week! So we got to teach a lesson over skype to a native Filipino! And
the guy we were teaching just happened to be in Laoag! It was kind of
hard to hear him because apparently there was a typhoon going on so it
was kind of noisy. He said that during the typhoons is the best time
to go out and work because whole families are trapped in their houses so
you get to teach the whole family. I AM SO STOKED. Apparently we're
going right in the middle of the rainy season so that should be fun. He
said that Laoag is the oldest city in the Philippines and there's lots
of history there. He also said they have super beautiful beaches. So
that's exciting. Everyone we've talked to who has been to Laoag just
talks about how gorgeous it is and how good the fruit is. So basically
I'm super excited.
BIG NEWS! I got my travel plans yesterday!!!!! We leave Salt Lake at 1120 on July 1st
and fly to San Franciso. Then we head over to Tokyo (Gary-I'm gonna be
in Japan for a couple hours! I can't leave the airport, but that's still
cool, right?) and then on to Manila! I'm not sure how we'll be getting
to Laoag, but I'm sure they've got it all figured out!
I just about died laughing from that Facebook post you sent me! Y'alls are absolutely hilarious.
The language is coming along really well. I've been SYLing it up the past couple of days and it has really helped a lot.
We hosted for the first time this week! So I got to
help a sister find her residence and get her books and keys and all that
good stuff. It was super fun. Can't believe I was in that situation
just 4 weeks ago! It feels like it's been a year because I've already
learned so much!
Thank you for sharing that story about Coop's dentist
experience. That is so absolutely amazing. Please keep me updated on how
he heals! I'm super short on time today so I'm gonna have to close but I
love you all so much! Thanks for all the love and support. I feel it
every day.
Mahal ko po kayo!
Sister Morris
Love this. Did anyone else get butterflies at the part about her getting travel plans? Agh. This is really real isn't it.
ReplyDelete