Greetings from Vintar!
This week has been great! Where did you find information on Vintar?? Haha have you tried looking up Gonzaga? Just curious if there would be anything...haha on second thought maybe don't look up Gonzaga yet. Vintar is really super nice! It's definitely the hardest area I've had yet. There is lots of work to be done, which is good. I'm glad I'll be super busy my last couple transfers. Most people here have really nice houses. It has been kind of a culture shock for me coming from Gonzaga. There are also big, fancy churches on like every corner. Everyone is middle-class and hard-core religious so we've been getting a lot of rejection. But there are always those who God has prepared to accept the gospel. We just have to find them!
We have a really cute little meeting house. There are 98 members in our branch but there were only about 30 of us at church on Sunday. We've asked the auxiliaries to give us a list of less active members that we can visit and we are going to be really trying to get fellowshippers all the time. I'm excited to see this branch grow. It was a cool experience at church on Sunday because even though we were just in this small little house and there were only like 5 worthy priesthood holders (and 2 of those were elders) to bless and pass the Sacrament, you could still feel the Spirit testifying that it was true. It made me think of Matthew 18:20. It was awesome.
Our toilet flushes. All you have to do is push down the handle. It blew my mind.
We have a progressing couple! They're going to get married and then baptized on September 27th! They're super cute and have 2 adorable kids.
We had a service activity with Laoag ward 4 (my first area)! I got to see a lot of my favorite people! It's kind of cool because Vintar Branch used to actually be part of Laoag 4. It just became its own branch 3 years ago. So it's kind of like I'm beginning and ending my mission in Laoag 4! Haha all the members are so excited that I can actually speak Tagalog and Ilokano now. It was so great to see them all! Bishop Augustine told me Sister April went and did baptisms for the dead! I almost cried.
Ah man I can't believe Sister Webb is home! That's so crazy! Tell her I said kumusta!
Hahahaha thank you for those stories about Chandler and Gracie. Good to know they're still adorable. How old is Gracie now?
Haha be nice to Karson! I want a full report on dinner! Haha you're my eyes and ears! :)
Well I love you all so much!
Ingat kayo!
Sister Morris
Sister Morris
| Me with this super awesome woman named Mary Jane |
| Proselyting in Vintar. It's super pretty! |
| This was the closest I could come to matching that picture Clint sent me before and told me to copy! |
| really pretty rainbow! |
| Our cute little meeting house |
| Our meeting house. |
No comments:
Post a Comment