Sep 22, 2014

As long as you have running water it's all good!

Family!
Kumusta kayo?! LaDawn sent me a picture of Arizona all flooded! That's crazy!!!! Hope you were all ok! 
I can't believe I have a new nephew!!! Little Levi looks so super cute!!! I can't wait to hold him! Give him lots of hugs for me in the meantime though. :) 

Sister Rico is from San Bernadino, California. Thank you so much for the prayers!

You got my travel plans?! I didn't! What are they?! Haha that's crazy! I still have like forever! ;)
Thank you so much for being so on top of things with getting me registered! You are the best! I'll talk to President Barrientos about the interview. 

We had another typhoon here (Typhoon Manuel) and weren't allowed to go out on Saturday. It literally rained for like 30 hours straight. I took some videos that I'll show you when I get home. It was #totescray. We moved my bed though so that the hole wasn't right above my head. Didn't get rained on at all! We didn't have running water or electricity for a few hours but luckily the water came back pretty fast. I've come to find electricity really isn't that necessary. As long as you have running water it's all good! We didn't have electricity all day on Saturday but we just did everything by candlelight. It was actually kind of fun! Some parts of our area are pretty flooded now so that's been an adventure. I'm slowly but surely overcoming my fear of cows because we've had to start walking along the sides of the road (where the cows are) to avoid the flood water. So that's a plus!
We had Zone Conference this week! As usual it was so, so good. There's always so much to learn and to improve on! 
I have someone new for you to pray for. Her name is Perla. She's an investigator and she's come to church 4 times but she won't accept a baptismal date. She knows it's true and is even doing missionary work! She has given us referrals and is trying to get her daughter and sister to listen to us. But her family has been very Catholic for a very long time so she doesn't want to change yet. She has so much potential though. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. :)
Just want to share a cute experience we had this week. We were teaching this woman about following the prophet and we committed her to pray to know if Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet and she was like "Hold on a second." Then she went and grabbed a paper and wrote down "Thomas Monson" so she would remember his name when she prayed to know if he's a true prophet. So cute. :)

Someone gave us Poptarts last night!!! Someone from their family is living in Hawaii and they sent them to her. It was so awesome!!!
Well that's about all the exciting news I have for this week.
Love you all so, so much.
Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment