Jul 23, 2014

God lives and He is still working miracles!

Pamilya ko!

Haha nothing like being a missionary and being committed to give referrals. Haha I'm usually on the other end of this! It's a good idea though. The problem is that I don't have the contact information of any of those people anymore. I was thinking I wish I would have shared more to Danelle Mecl. Remember her? Also Rachel Young. The problem is I have no idea where they live or what their contact information is so...those wouldn't be very useful referrals. If you can find their contact info go ahead and refer them though! Do you ever work with the sisters anymore? (Do it! Do it! Do it!)

Oh hey pioneer day is this week! The members here in the Philippines typically really admire the sacrifices that the pioneers went through, especially with the travelling through cold and snow. People here have never experienced cold so that's pretty amazing to them. 

How old is Joseph??

We've been getting lots of rain lately. It's officially typhoon season! There have been lots of typhoons but we've just been catching the outskirts of them. We got some rain from Typhoon Glenda and from Henry too but nothing too intense. 

I cannot believe Sister Webb goes home next month! That is insane. The mission will miss her! You'll have to tell me all about the homecoming! 

My first week with Sister Storey has been pretty crazy! Haha we're facing lots of challenges in this area but that just means we're growing tons. I'm excited to see what this transfer brings. She's a super hard-worker and we're going to do some hastening of the work!

We have two baptisms on Saturday! One is Brother Louie, I think I've probably talked about him before. He has been taught by missionaries for years and has also spent years trying to disprove the Book of Mormon. There was a while where the missionaries stopped teaching him but me and Sister Obra started teaching him again when I was new here in Gonzaga. When we first invited him to learn he was completely drunk and extremely hesitant to accept a teaching appointment. Haha but here we are a few months later and he hasn't drunk or smoked since June 27th and he's getting baptized on Saturday! He bore his testimony on the word of wisdom in gospel essentials class on Sunday. The best part of his testimony is his testimony of the Book of Mormon. :) God lives and He is still working miracles! The other one is a little part member boy named Isaiah. He's super cute and has been fun to teach as well. 

We have a progressing family who has been living the word of wisdom for two weeks now! They've come to church 7 times! The dad also bore his testimony of the word of wisdom in gospel essentials. Their baptism is August 16th. None of their kids are 8 yet so just the mom and dad will be baptized on the 16th. They're super cute. I'll try to get a picture of them this week. 

Well that's all for now!

Mahal ko po kayo lahat!,
Sister Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment