First, sorry last week's email was so lame
and short! Hopefully this week makes up for it though because my week
was ridiculously fantastic!
Haha thank you for sending a "just in case" email. Much appreciated :)
My health is swell. It's one of my goals this week
to drink lots of water. I'm gonna buy a giant water bottle when we go do
groceries after this. Don't worry, Sister Ramos takes good care of me.
Haha I love her.
That cultural celebration looks so legit! So many people! I'm excited for you. :)
There's
no problem getting big boxes from the mission office to me. Especially
because I always give the office elders chocolate when they help me out
and bring me my packages. Haha so as long as you send chocolate, there
should be no problem. :) I also have a list of things that you could
send if you felt so inclined but I forgot it at the apartment. I'll send
it next week. Did you know you're my favorite?? I got the package
yesterday!!! Thank you so, so much! It was glorious. The candy might
already be almost gone. Haha I've been sharing! That journal was
perfect! And I love the foundation! And everything else! No Valentine
card though! :( Alyssa also said she sent me something forever ago and
it hasn't gotten here. :( Sad day!
So my week.
So we have this
recent convert family (Sister Abby, Raquel, and Ederlina) and their
little brother hasn't been baptized yet because when Sister Bagonbon
left he started hiding from the missionaries. Haha so Sister Ramos and I
decided to gain his trust by having an FHE with his whole family. Haha
so he finally started listening to us again and he came to church
yesterday! When we taught him this week we had him say the closing
prayer and in his prayer he prayed that he wouldn't run from the
missionaries anymore. Haha it was cute.
But my biggest news. We have this investigator
family, the R family, who is really progressing. We watched the
Restoration video with them last week and they came to church this
week!!!!! There is no happier feeling than seeing an entire family
discover the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. This family is
so amazing and so prepared. When we followed up with them yesterday
about their experience at church Brother was like (this is translated)
"Before when I would go to church we would only be there for an hour but
I would be constantly checking the time because it felt like forever.
But yesterday even though it was 3 hours I didn't look at the clock
once. I couldn't believe it was over so fast." Apparently he was a
little apprehensive about coming because it was 3 hours long. Haha but
when it was over he didn't want it to end! Their whole family agreed.
They said they learned so much and felt like they were really starting
to understand things about the gospel of Jesus Christ and the importance
of living what you learn. When we asked them if they had any questions
yesterday this was sister's question: "Wasn't Joseph Smith scared to
tell people what he saw? Wouldn't he be scared they wouldn't believe
him?" That just shows how prepared she is. Most people would ask
something like "How can this be true?" But she told us she really
believes that this is the truth she has been searching for. She also
told us it is her goal to be sealed in the temple. Good gracious there
is no greater joy than hearing someone say that. She told us she
promises they'll stay active in the church but that she's going to cry
when we get transferred. So, so, so, so happy.
Well that's pretty much it for now.
Love you all!,
Sister Morris
| We had a visiting teaching caravan this week. We're starting to gain a lot more member support. It's been great. |
| It took like 7 elders to open my package. Haha you did an excellent job of sealing it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment